Matzo Ball Soup
3 parsnips, peeled and cut into bite-size pieces
7 large carrots, cut into bite-size pieces
1 bunch celery, cut into bite-size pieces
1 onion, cut into bite-size pieces
1 bunch fresh dill, chopped
1 bunch fresh parsley, chopped
6 cups water
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1 cup matzo meal
1 quart chicken stock
1 rotisserie chicken, bones removed and meat cut into bite-size pieces
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Place the raw chicken into a large stockpot.
2. Add the parsnips, carrots, celery, onions, dill and parsley into the same stockpot.
3. Boil this mix until the chicken is at 200 degrees Fahrenheit and begins to fall apart
(this should be about 1 hour).
4. When the chicken reaches 200 degrees, set it aside for later use.
5. In a medium sized bowl, whisk together the oil and eggs.
6. After this is fully mixed, add in the matzo until the three ingredients are
7. Cover up the mixture and refrigerate it for 20 minutes.
8. After 20 minutes, start to roll the matzo-egg- oil mixture into 1 inch balls.
9. In a separate bowl, heat up chicken stock and place the matzo balls in until they
10. Transfer the matzo balls into the soup with all of the vegetables and add some
rotisserie chicken on top.
Sweet and Sour Brisket
2 onions, sliced
1 clove garlic, minced
3/4 cup brown sugar
1 tablespoon salt
1 cup water
1 cup ketchup
1/2 cup white vinegar
4 pounds beef brisket
1. Heat the brisket in a skillet or Dutch oven on medium-high heat (be sure to cook
this until it’s browned on every side).
2. While the meat is cooking, mix the water, ketchup, vinegar, onions, garlic, brown
sugar, and salt.
3. Bring this to a boil and then lower the temperature down to medium-low.
Continue to do this until the meat is tender, turning the meat every 2 ½ – 3 ½
4. After time is up, remove the brisket and let it cool down before cutting it against
5. Next, put the slices of brisket into a pan with the ketchup mix from before, then
6. Let the brisket sit overnight in the refrigerator.
7. Remove any excess fat.
Chocolate Flourless Cake
1/2 cup cocoa powder
3 eggs, beaten
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3/4 cup white sugar
4 (1 ounce) squares semisweet chocolate, chopped
1/2 cup butter
1. Pre-heat the oven to 300 degrees, and grease a cocoa powder dusted 8-inch pan.
2. In a double boiler, over lightly simmering water, melt the chocolate and butter.
3. Once they’re melted, turn off the heat and remove mixture from presence of
4. Add in the sugar, cocoa powder, eggs, and vanilla then pour the mixture into the
5. After 30 minutes in the oven, take it out and let it cool.