Dear Blind Brook Community:
The Blind Brook High School Student Senate is proud to announce that we will be sponsoring a Winter Blood Drive, in conjunction with White Plains Hospital, on Friday, March 4th, between the hours of 8:30 a.m. and 2:00 p.m. in the high school gymnasium. The Blood Drive will be open to all eligible students and community members within the Blind Brook UFSD. Eligible donors must be at least 16 years old and have a minimum weight of 100 pounds. In addition, we are requiring all students to have a parent or guardian sign the permission slip, regardless of the student’s age. Donors over the age of 75 must have written doctor’s consent.
Remember, everyone gets a FREE health screening when they try to donate blood. The hospital representatives will check hemoglobin, blood pressure, pulse and temperature.
If you have any questions, please contact Senate advisor Stephanie Jacobs at firstname.lastname@example.org.
On behalf of White Plains Hospital, we thank you for your support.
BBHS Student Senate
Details of the Blood Drive:
- Date: Friday, March 4th, 2016
- Blood drive will take place in the Blind Brook High School gymnasium
- Donations will be taken from 8:30 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
- All blood will go to White Plains Hospital.
- Blood will only be drawn by trained White Plains Hospital staff.
- Donors will be provided with juice, cookies, and bagels after their blood has been drawn.
- Blood donation should take 40 minutes from start to finish (includes filling out paperwork and time to recoup strength afterwards).
- You may not donate blood if you have a cold or sore throat – donors must be in good health.
How to prepare the day of the Blood Drive:
- Donors should have a big breakfast before coming to school.
- Donors should drink plenty of fluids throughout the day
- Donors must present photo ID.
- Student donors may only donate blood during a free period.
- Student donors must have a signed permission slip.